labelnoun [ C ]uk /ˈleɪ.bəl/ us /ˈleɪ.bəl/
label noun [ C ] (SIGN)
Washing instructions should be on the label.
- It says on the label that no preservatives or artificial colourings have been added.
- The label became detached from your parcel.
- The label says to take one dose three times a day.
- The label on this bread says it is guaranteed free of/from preservatives .
- It's described on the label as 'light, fruity wine'.
label noun [ C ] (COMPANY)
Thesaurus: synonyms and related words
You can also find related words, phrases, and synonyms in the topics:
labelverb [ T ]uk /ˈleɪ.bəl/ us /ˈleɪ.bəl/ -ll- or US usually -l-
C1 to fasten a label to: