layernoun [ C ]uk /ˈleɪ.ər/ us /ˈleɪ.ɚ/
layer noun [ C ] (MATERIAL)
the ozone layer
- Cover the meat with a layer of cheese.
- Women have a layer of subcutaneous fat that provides them with better insulation than men.
- The eruption had covered the town with a fine layer of ash.
- A thick layer of dust had accumulated in the room.
- If the first layer isn't dry before you add the next one, the colours will run into each other .
layerverb [ T ]uk /ˈleɪ.ər/ us /ˈleɪ.ɚ/
› to arrange something in layers: