leopardnoun [ C ]uk /ˈlep.əd/ us /ˈlep.ɚd/
- The leopard seizes its kill and begins to eat.
- We saw some leopards under the trees.
- Have you ever seen a leopard?
- He was badly mauled by a leopard.
- The zoo has three leopards.
Examples from literature
- Although the patterns on the fur of tigers and leopards are very different, both serve the same purpose – to make it harder for their prey to see them.
- Safari guides can help you find Africa’s Big Five: lion, leopard, water buffalo, rhinoceros, and elephant.
- This tortoise lives in the savannas of Africa – just like real leopards.