letverbuk us /let/ (present participle letting, past tense and past participle let)
let verb (ALLOW)
- They agreed to let us live there rent-free.
- It isn't hygienic to let the cat sit on the dining table.
- We were asked to show some identification before the security guards would let us in.
- The dog's scratching at the door - shall I let him in?
- Kyle's mom lets him stay up late on the weekends.
let verb (SUGGEST)
let verb (RENT)
letadverbuk us /let/
letnounuk us /let/
let noun (SPORT)
let noun (LAW)
let noun (RENT)