liberal adjective (SOCIETY)
- Espousal of such liberal ideas won't make her very popular around here.
- Despite his apparent liberal views, he's really something of a puritan.
- His natural supporters are the urban poor, and educated people of a liberal turn of mind.
- He has very liberal attitudes towards sex.
- My family are very liberal-minded.
liberal adjective (POLITICS)
liberal adjective (GENEROUS)
Thesaurus: synonyms and related words
liberal adjective (NOT EXACT)
noun [ U ] uk /ˈlɪb.ər.əl.ɪ.zəm/ us /ˈlɪb.ər.əl.ɪ.zəm/
noun [ U ] uk /ˌlɪb.ərˈæl.ə.ti/ us /ˌlɪb.əˈræl.ə.t̬i/ formal