liquidnoun [ C or U ]uk /ˈlɪk.wɪd/ us /ˈlɪk.wɪd/
- How much liquid do you think this bottle contains?
- Drain (off) any liquid that is left in the rice.
- The liquid suddenly solidifies into a gelatinous mass.
- Wax passes from solid to liquid when you heat it.
- Saliva is a liquid secreted by glands in or near the mouth.
liquid adjective (MONEY)
Thesaurus: synonyms and related words
You can also find related words, phrases, and synonyms in the topics:
liquid adjective (SUBSTANCE)
noun [ U ] uk /lɪˈkwɪd.ə.ti/ us /lɪˈkwɪd.ə.t̬i/