list noun (RECORD)
A2 [ C ] a record of short pieces of information, such as people's names, usually written or printed with a single thing on each line and often ordered in a way that makes a particular thing easy to find:
a shopping list
- He checked off their names on the list as they got on the coach.
- Did you cross her name off the guest list?
- I've drawn up a list of candidates that I'd like to interview.
- On page two of your handout you will find a list of the books that I have referred to during the lecture.
- The list of ingredients included 250 g of almonds.