literaturenoun [U]uk /ˈlɪt.rə.tʃər/ us /ˈlɪt̬.ɚ.ə.tʃɚ/
literature noun [U] (WRITING)
- He's very knowledgeable about German literature.
- I had a brilliant English teacher who fired me with enthusiasm for literature at an early age.
- She's studying for an MA in French literature.
- Classic literature never goes out of print.
- The festival is to encompass everything from music, theatre and ballet to literature, cinema and the visual arts.
literature noun [U] (SPECIALIST TEXTS)
literature noun [U] (INFORMATION)