living adjective (HAVING LIFE)
- Don't all living creatures have certain rights?
- Water is essential for/to living things.
- All living things are interdependent.
- She would never harm another living creature.
- They are hoping to discover living organisms in the soil.
living adjective (CONTINUING)
living noun (MONEY)
make a living
- You can't expect to earn a living from your painting.
- Most artists find it almost impossible to make a living from art alone.
- He managed to eke out a living one summer by selling drinks on a beach.
- They made a living hustling stolen goods on the streets.
- How do you make a living as a painter?
living noun (WAY OF LIFE)
Thesaurus: synonyms and related words