lizardnoun [ C ]uk /ˈlɪz.əd/ us /ˈlɪz.ɚd/
Examples from literature
- It’s a kind of small lizard that lives in Madagascar.
- Monitor lizards are usually big.
- Others, like snakes and lizards, often sleep for many days in warmer places, for example, under rocks.
- Soon, it stops moving, and the lizard can eat it.
- The Gila monster and the Komodo dragon are lizards. They both have saliva with poison in it.
- The Gila monster eats eggs, insects, smaller lizards, and other small animals.
- These very large lizards live on islands in Indonesia and are very dangerous predators.