locateverbuk /ləʊˈkeɪt/ us /loʊ-/
locate verb (BE SITUATED)
locate verb (FIND)
- Engineers are endeavouring to locate the source of the problem.
- Using their high-tech wizardry, the police were able to locate the owners of the stolen property within hours of it being seized.
- Sniffer dogs located the drugs.
- They were unable to locate the murder weapon.
- We are trying to locate a new supplier for our coffee.
- a fishing expedition idiom
- break fresh/new ground idiom
- catch sb red-handed idiom
- get wind of sth idiom
- happen on/upon sth/sb
- have a (good) nose for sth idiom
- have got something there idiom
- run sb/sth to ground idiom
- search sth/sb out
- sniff sth out
- sniff sth/sb out