locknounuk /lɒk/ us /lɑːk/
lock noun (FASTENER)
lock noun (WATER)
lock noun (DEFINITE EVENT)
lock noun (HAIR)
lock noun (WHEELS)
lock noun (HOLD)
lockverbuk /lɒk/ us /lɑːk/
lock verb (MAKE SAFE)
- Oh, and don't forget to lock the back door.
- Some prize idiot forgot to lock the door.
- "Come on, hurry up!" "I'll just/only be a second - I've got to lock the back door."
- If you don't lock your doors and windows, you'll be a sitting target for burglars.
- I'd only gone a few steps down the road when I realized I'd forgotten to lock the door.
lock verb (BECOME FIXED)