lock noun (FASTENER)
- My dad's such a cheapskate that he cuts his hair himself.
- She eased the key into the lock, anxious not to wake anyone.
- If the lock has frozen up, try lubricating it with oil.
- If the door won't open, try jiggling the key in the lock.
- I could see at once that the lock had been tampered with.
lock noun (WATER)
lock noun (DEFINITE EVENT)
Thesaurus: synonyms and related words
lock noun (HAIR)
lock noun (WHEELS)
lock noun (HOLD)
lock verb (MAKE SAFE)
- Oh, and don't forget to lock the back door.
- Some prize idiot forgot to lock the door.
- "Come on, hurry up!" "I'll just/only be a second - I've got to lock the back door."
- If you don't lock your doors and windows, you'll be a sitting target for burglars.
- I'd only gone a few steps down the road when I realized I'd forgotten to lock the door.