locomotionnoun [ U ]uk /ˌləʊ.kəˈməʊ.ʃən/ us /ˌloʊ.kəˈmoʊ.ʃən/ formal
Thesaurus: synonyms and related words
You can also find related words, phrases, and synonyms in the topics:
- Animals move in many different ways, and there are different names to describe these special kinds of locomotion.
- Animals use many different kinds of locomotion.
- Locomotion is the way things move and travel.
- People mostly use their legs for locomotion.
- People study the locomotion of animals and use the information in interesting ways.
- This kind of locomotion is called slithering.