long-distanceadjective [before noun], adverbuk /ˌlɒŋˈdɪs.təns/ us /ˌlɑːŋˈdɪs.təns/
- Although long-distance phone calls are going up, the charge for local calls will not alter.
- The pick-up point for the long-distance coaches is now in the new bus station.
- Like most long-distance runners she is very slight.
- He snitched to my boss that I'd been making long-distance calls at work!
- As a long-distance runner, she's in a class of her own.
- (in) the middle of nowhere idiom
- all/the four corners of the world/earth idiom
- as far as the eye can/could see idiom
- light year
- light years away idiom
- the back of beyond idiom
- you're getting colder idiom