lovely adjective (ENJOYABLE)
- It was lovely to see your mum and dad at the school concert last night.
- Thank you for such a lovely evening.
- We spent a lovely week by the sea this year.
- We had a lovely Christmas.
- "Red wine or white?" "I'm not fussy - either would be lovely."
Thesaurus: synonyms and related words
lovely adjective (BEAUTIFUL)
A2 mainly UK beautiful:
She has lovely eyes.
Thank you for the lovely present.
- The bedroom was painted a lovely cool blue.
- The countryside around there is lovely.
- You really should go and see the lovely medieval court in the castle.
- A lovely blonde creature walked into the room.
- Ah, what a lovely baby!