lowerverb [T]uk /ˈləʊ.ər/ us /ˈloʊ.ɚ/
lower verb [T] (MOVE)
lower verb [T] (REDUCE)
- He had hoped to become a doctor, but he had to lower his sights after his disappointing exam results.
- You should lower your speed as you approach a junction.
- The doctor told me to sponge Erik down with cold water in order to lower his temperature.
- The government has done much to lower unemployment.
- We are trying to lower absence due to ill health.
You can also find related words, phrases, and synonyms in the topics:
lower verb [T] (BEHAVE BADLY)