machinenoun [C]uk /məˈʃiːn/ us /məˈʃiːn/
machine noun [C] (PIECE OF EQUIPMENT)
- Doctors kept him alive on a life-support machine.
- There is a vending machine on the platform that dispenses snacks.
- The machine emits a high-pitched sound when you press the button.
- This sewing machine is operated by a foot pedal.
- I need some coins for the ticket machine in the car park.
machine noun [C] (COMPUTER)
machine noun [C] (VEHICLE)
You can also find related words, phrases, and synonyms in the topics:
machine noun [C] (GROUP OF PEOPLE)