maintainverb [T]uk us /meɪnˈteɪn/
maintain verb [T] (CONTINUE TO HAVE)
- With an election approaching, the prime minister is keen to maintain his popularity.
- The Queen has maintained political neutrality throughout her reign.
- Security during the president's visit must be maintained at all costs.
- Several of the teachers were quite unable to maintain discipline.
- The United Nations has maintained a presence in the region for some time.
maintain verb [T] (KEEP IN GOOD CONDITION)
maintain verb [T] (EXPRESS)
maintain verb [T] (PROVIDE)