maintenancenoun [ U ]uk /ˈmeɪn.tən.əns/ us /ˈmeɪn.tən.əns/
maintenance noun [ U ] (WORK)
Old houses need a lot of maintenance.
- The network will be down for an hour for routine maintenance.
- The new ships, propelled by gas turbines, require less maintenance than older, steam-driven ones.
- This course is designed to give drivers a grounding in car maintenance.
- There is a risk that the debt-ridden airline that may be tempted to scrimp on maintenance or security.
- It's just a regular maintenance shutdown.