majoradjectiveuk /ˈmeɪ.dʒər/ us /-dʒɚ/
major adjective (IMPORTANT)
- This latest defeat is a major setback for the government.
- This building, once derided by critics, is now a major tourist attraction.
- Japan is a major exporter of cars.
- The children were vaccinated against the major childhood diseases.
- They predict that a major earthquake will strike the east coast before the end of the decade.
major adjective (MUSIC)
majornoun [C]uk /ˈmeɪ.dʒər/ us /-dʒɚ/
major noun [C] (OFFICER)
You can also find related words, phrases, and synonyms in the topics: