makernoun [ C ]uk /ˈmeɪ.kər/ us /ˈmeɪ.kɚ/
a coffee maker
There are spaces where makers can come and learn modern ways of manufacturing new products using devices like laser cutters and 3D printers.
- Stradivarius was a famous violin maker.
- The programme makers reject the notion that seeing violence on television has a harmful effect on children.
- The makers should provide an instruction manual on how to use the product.
- We really ought to send this back to the maker and complain - after all, it wasn't cheap.
- Many of the people on the island are textile makers by trade.
Thesaurus: synonyms and related words
You can also find related words, phrases, and synonyms in the topics: