male adjective (SEX)
a male giraffe
IT is very much a male-dominated industry.
- A male chicken is called a cock and a female chicken is called a hen.
- The male deer grows large branching horns called antlers.
- She's going out with a male model.
- The critics picked him out as the outstanding male dancer of the decade.
- Industry is still a preponderantly male environment.
male adjective (CONNECTING PART)
Thesaurus: synonyms and related words
You can also find related words, phrases, and synonyms in the topics:
noun [ U ] uk /ˈmeɪl.nəs/ us /ˈmeɪl.nəs/
malenoun [ C ]uk /meɪl/ us /meɪl/
- The kitten was actually a female, not a male.
- He's just your average 25-year-old hot-blooded male.
- The female bird incubates the eggs for about sixteen days while the male brings food.
- He says he's a red-blooded American male!
- The chief suspect for the robbery is a Caucasian male.