mannernounuk /ˈmæn.ər/ us /-ɚ/
manner noun (WAY)
- He tackled the problem in a typically haphazard manner.
- He gets on with things in his own peculiar manner.
- They noted that special manner of walking which was peculiar to her alone.
- Sir William had the ability to conduct proceedings in a dignified manner without ever becoming stuffy.
- I tried all manner of different approaches - I wheedled, threatened, demanded, cajoled.
You can also find related words, phrases, and synonyms in the topics:
manner noun (BEHAVIOUR)
manner noun (POLITE BEHAVIOUR)
manner noun (TYPE)