mapnoun [ C ]uk /mæp/ us /mæp/
A2 a drawing of the earth's surface, or part of that surface, showing the shape and position of different countries, political borders, natural features such as rivers and mountains, and artificial features such as roads and buildings:
- To find your nearest UK school, we have a clickable map dividing the UK into regions.
- I'm not quite sure how to get there - I'd better consult a map.
- This map has contours marked at 250-metre intervals.
- Let's aim for Coventry first, and then we'll have a look at the map.
- On this map, demarcations between regions are shown with dotted lines.
Thesaurus: synonyms and related words