marketnoun [C]uk /ˈmɑː.kɪt/ us /ˈmɑːr-/
market noun [C] (BUYING AND SELLING)
- He's not certain whether to invest in the property market.
- The company plans to make a big push into the European market next spring.
- This is the cheapest version on the market, which is its great selling point.
- We're working on new strategies to improve our share of the market.
- Is there really a market out there for another women's magazine?
You can also find related words, phrases, and synonyms in the topics:
market noun [C] (PLACE)
- He runs a fruit and vegetable stall in the market.
- The villagers grow coffee and maize to sell in the market.
- It's traditional that you haggle over the price of things in the market.
- Jonathan doesn't miss a trick! If there's a bargain to be had at the market, he'll find it.
- The gaily striped awnings of the little shops and market stalls made an attractive scene.