meanwhileadverbuk us /ˈmiːn.waɪl/
- We'll buy you some shorts at the weekend, but meanwhile you'll just have to wear your long trousers.
- The boys are still getting the mats out so, meanwhile, let's do some warm-up exercises.
- "The pizza will be ready in 10 minutes, Mum." "Great - meanwhile, let's set the table."
- They've arranged to have another meeting in two weeks, and meanwhile the problem is getting worse and worse!
- The computers should be working again soon. Meanwhile, could everyone get on with some paperwork or something?