medicinenounuk us /ˈmed.ɪ.sən/ /ˈmed.sən/
medicine noun (TREATMENT)
- She is a cancer sufferer who has rejected orthodox medicine and turned instead to acupuncture, aromatherapy and other forms of alternative medicine.
- Elizabeth Quan is a London-based practitioner of traditional Chinese medicine.
- She specializes in paediatric medicine.
- The number of practising doctors is falling even though more people are qualifying in medicine.
- Penicillin produced a revolution in medicine.
medicine noun (SUBSTANCE)
- This medicine is for external use only and should not be taken internally.
- Is this medicine safe for children?
- The little boy was stamping his foot and refusing to take his medicine.
- The trucks were laden with food and medicine.
- This drug can be safely used in combination with other medicines.