meetverbuk /miːt/ us /miːt/ (met, met)
meet verb (FOR THE FIRST TIME)
meet verb (COME TOGETHER)
meet verb (SATISFY)
- This type of computer is too slow and inflexible to meet many business needs.
- Can the sales force meet its financial objectives?
- They threatened to blow up the plane if their demands were not met.
- They agreed to raise the trade embargo if three conditions were met.
- His latest book met all my expectations.
You can also find related words, phrases, and synonyms in the topics:
meet verb (PLACE)
meet verb (TOUCH)
meet verb (EXPERIENCE)
- almost/nearly die of sth idiom
- be a martyr to sth idiom
- be a victim of your own success idiom
- be devoured by sth idiom
- get the short end of the stick idiom
- get/have your fingers burned idiom
- go through sth
- ups and downs