mentionverb [T]uk us /ˈmen.ʃən/
- I'd rather you didn't mention it when we're in company .
- For the sake of completeness , I should also mention two other minor developments.
- Everyone in the office complains that he smells awful, but nobody dares (to) mention it to him.
- He gets really upset if you mention his baldness.
- Don't mention tax or Bernard'll get on his hobby horse again.
mentionnounuk us /ˈmen.ʃən/
- The report carefully avoided any mention of the controversial plan.
- The merest mention of seafood makes her feel sick.
- The book doesn't make any mention of his love affairs.
- At the mention of her dead husband, her face clouded over.
- Entertainment Research reports that there are 245 mentions of the f-word in this movie.