minute noun (TIME)
Hang on/Wait a minute - I just have to get my bag.
Just a minute - I'll be with you when I've finished this.
When you've got a minute, I'd like a brief word with you.
- The doctor will be with you in just a minute.
- "Did you like the concert?" "Yes, I enjoyed every minute of it."
- Glennon scored the deciding goal in the final minute of the match.
- He took a minute or two to compose his thoughts before he replied.
- Empty the soup into a saucepan and simmer gently for ten minutes.
Thesaurus: synonyms and related words
You can also find related words, phrases, and synonyms in the topics:
minute noun (MESSAGE)
the minutes [ plural ]