modestadjectiveuk /ˈmɒd.ɪst/ us /ˈmɑː.dɪst/
modest adjective (NOT LARGE)
- The average cost of a full three-course meal - appetizer, main course and dessert - including tip and a modest wine is about $25.
- There was a modest rise in high-street spending last month.
- The car has enjoyed modest success since its launch, but the Mark 2 version is expected to be far more popular.
- We consumed a modest amount of food.
- His earnings were fairly modest.
You can also find related words, phrases, and synonyms in the topics:
modest adjective (QUIETLY SUCCESSFUL)
modest adjective (CLOTHES/BEHAVIOUR)