motorwaynoun [C]uk /ˈməʊ.tə.weɪ/ us /ˈmoʊ.t̬ɚ-/ UK
- There has been a collision on the southbound stretch of the motorway.
- Environment protesters have made common cause with local people to stop the motorway being built.
- Soon after we joined the motorway, the car started to make a strange noise.
- A contraflow is in operation between junctions 13 and 14 on the motorway.
- I got cut up several times on the motorway this morning - I've never seen such dangerous driving!
- Double glazing has helped to deaden the noise from the motorway.