mummifyverb [ T ]uk /ˈmʌm.ɪ.faɪ/ us /ˈmʌm.ə.faɪ/
Thesaurus: synonyms and related words
You can also find related words, phrases, and synonyms in the topics:
Examples from literature
- Ancient Egyptians also took as much time and care to mummify their pets as they did with people.
- Ancient Egyptians took about 70 days to mummify a body.
- Archaeologists found several other mummified horses in the area.
- For thousands of years, groups around the world mummified people.
- However, some mummies were naturally mummified.
- It was expensive to pay people to mummify bodies.
- People around the world were mummified in different ways, but all mummies help archaeologists learn about the past.
- Some of these groups also mummified animals.
- Some people mummified dead bodies like the Egyptians did.
- The bodies were naturally mummified thousands of years ago.
- These animals were mummified and covered with bronze.
- They buried people with mummified birds, so the dead could learn in the afterlife.
- They often mummified and buried cats with queens.