muscle noun (BODY PART)
He flexed his muscles (= tightened them to make them look large and strong) so that everyone could admire them.
pull a muscle
- The contraction of this muscle raises the lower arm.
- A work-out in the gym will exercise all the major muscle groups.
- He pulled a muscle in his groin.
- Barkley suffered a strained thigh muscle late in the preseason.
- I pulled a muscle in my back lifting some drawers.
Thesaurus: synonyms and related words
You can also find related words, phrases, and synonyms in the topics: