naturaladjectiveuk /ˈnætʃ.ər.əl/ us /ˈnætʃ.ɚ.əl/
natural adjective (NOT ARTIFICIAL)
- A good diet helps build the body's natural defences.
- If we continue to deplete the earth's natural resources, we will cause serious damage to the environment.
- It was her natural elegance that struck me.
- The garden has been designed to harmonize with the natural landscape.
- She had died of natural causes.
natural adjective (EXPECTED)
- Loss of memory is a natural concomitant of old age.
- Unhappiness was woven into the natural fabric of people's lives.
- It's only natural that you should worry about your children.
- She'd always worked with old people so becoming a nurse was a natural progression.
- I think a certain amount of worry about work is very natural, but you've got to keep it in proportion .
naturalnoun [C]uk /ˈnætʃ.ər.əl/ us /ˈnætʃ.ɚ.əl/ informal