neighbouringadjective [ before noun ]UK US neighboring uk /ˈneɪ.bər.ɪŋ/ us /ˈneɪ.bər.ɪŋ/
B2 Neighbouring places are next to or near each other:
- The disquieting situation between these two neighbouring countries looks set to continue.
- If neighbouring countries are having a war, you can't just dive in.
- The deposed leaders are currently in exile in the neighbouring country.
- She married a man from the neighbouring village.
- The conflict threatens to spill over into neighbouring regions.
Thesaurus: synonyms and related words
You can also find related words, phrases, and synonyms in the topics: