nervenounuk /nɜːv/ us /nɝːv/
nerve noun (BODY)
- A neurotransmitter is a chemical that nerve cells use to communicate with each other and with muscles.
- The newspaper article touched a raw nerve - people still resent the closure of the local school.
- Repairing damaged nerves is a very delicate operation.
- The drug paralyses the nerves so that there is no feeling or movement in the legs.
- The nerves are protected by thin sheaths of fatty tissue.
nerve noun (COURAGE)
nerve noun (WORRY)
You can also find related words, phrases, and synonyms in the topics:
nerve noun (RUDENESS)
nerveverbuk /nɜːv/ us /nɝːv/