nominationnoun [ C or U ]uk /ˌnɒm.ɪˈneɪ.ʃən/ us /ˌnɑː.məˈneɪ.ʃən/
nomination noun [ C or U ] (SUGGESTION)
There have been two nominations for the new job.
- The closing date for nominations is the fifth of August.
- The film received four Oscar nominations.
- Each jury makes three nominations to the board.
- The actress has received six Academy Award nominations.
- He was an unsuccessful for the 1972 and 1992 Democratic presidential nominations.
Thesaurus: synonyms and related words
You can also find related words, phrases, and synonyms in the topics: