normaladjectiveuk /ˈnɔː.məl/ us /ˈnɔːr-/
- It's normal to feel a little apprehension before starting a new job.
- He was able to lead a normal life, despite the illness.
- The restrictions on water usage have been lifted now that the river levels are normal.
- The prison service should try to rehabilitate prisoners so that they can lead normal lives when they leave prison.
- Today's temperatures will be normal for the time of year.
- all in a day's work idiom
- as a (general) rule idiom
- as a matter of course idiom
- as per usual/normal idiom
- more often than not idiom 1
- more often than not
- pro forma
- surprise, surprise idiom
- the rule idiom