notableadjectiveuk /ˈnəʊ.tə.bəl/ us /ˈnoʊ.t̬ə.bəl/
- Sydney Smith, a notable wit, once remarked that he never read a book before he reviewed it because it might prejudice his opinion of it.
- The library houses a notable collection of rare manuscripts.
- The renaissance was notable for the spread of learning outside the university.
- He was credited with making a notable contribution to the peace process.
- "Hamlet" and "Macbeth" are among Shakespeare's most notable works.
notablenoun [C]uk /ˈnəʊ.tə.bəl/ us /ˈnoʊ.t̬ə.bəl/ literary
- be the cat's whiskers idiom
- big fish/gun/noise/shot/wheel idiom
- big hitter
- fat cat
- high up
- the big boys
- the bigger they are, the harder they fall idiom
- the grand old man of sth idiom
- the great and the good idiom
You can also find related words, phrases, and synonyms in the topics: