notoriousadjectiveuk /nəʊˈtɔː.ri.əs/ /nəˈtɔː.ri.əs/ us /noʊˈtɔːr.i.əs/
- The city is notorious for its red light district and strip clubs.
- He was notorious for his violent and threatening behaviour.
- He has spent the past three months in Florida, ostensibly for medical treatment, but in actual fact to avoid prosecution for a series of notorious armed robberies.
- Politicians are notorious egotists.
- During the trial he was held in one of the country's most notorious prisons.
You can also find related words, phrases, and synonyms in the topics: