numbernounuk /ˈnʌm.bər/ us /-bɚ/
number noun (SYMBOL)
number noun (AMOUNT)
- The last ten years have seen a dramatic fall in the number of adoptions.
- The number of people claiming unemployment benefit has risen sharply this month.
- It was an unpopular policy and caused a number of conflicts within the party.
- The number of business failures rose steeply last year.
- The mud flats attract large numbers of birds.
You can also find related words, phrases, and synonyms in the topics:
number noun (PARTICULAR THING)
numberverbuk /ˈnʌm.bər/ us /-bɚ/
number verb (WRITE SYMBOL)
number verb (AMOUNT)