oddsnoun [ plural ]uk /ɒdz/ us /ɑːdz/
The odds against my horse winning (= that it will not win)/on my horse winning (= that it will win) are a hundred to one.
- Bookmakers are offering punters odds of 6-1 on the horse Red Devil winning the race.
- What are the odds on him winning the title for the third year running?
- The bookmakers aren't offering very good odds on a draw.
- The odds have shortened from 10-1 to 5-1.
- The odds against you winning such a competition are enormous.
Thesaurus: synonyms and related words