office noun (WORK PLACE)
the director's office
- Debbie has a summer job clerking in an office.
- He concocted a story about working late at the office.
- It's very convenient that you live near the office.
- The proposed new office tower is a steel and glass structure 43 storeys high.
- We're an international company with offices in Paris, New York and Sydney.
Thesaurus: synonyms and related words
office noun (RESPONSIBILITY)
The Socialist party has been in office (= governing)/out of office (= not governing) for almost ten years.