oil noun (FUEL)
drilling for oil
the oil industry
- You should always check your oil, water and tyres before taking your car on a long trip.
- Reports are just coming in of a major oil spillage in the North Sea.
- Serve the pasta hot with a drizzle of olive oil.
- The walls are covered in oil paintings.
- The oil company was found guilty on ten counts of pollution, and was punished with a $250 million fine.
Thesaurus: synonyms and related words
You can also find related words, phrases, and synonyms in the topics: