onlineadjective [ before noun ]uk /ˈɒn.laɪn/ us /ˈɑːn.laɪn/
- We're linked to the online database at our head office.
- Click on this link to visit our online bookstore.
- The company began its online banking service three years ago.
- The course includes an online module.
- She works for an online magazine.
online adverb (INTERNET)
A2 bought, used, etc. using the internet:
Do you like to shop online?
This dictionary went online in 1999.
- We agreed the deal online, but we'll have to wait for snail mail to get the paperwork.
- You can search Cambridge dictionaries online at www.dictionary.cambridge.org.
- Customers can check the status of their order online.
- We've been searching online for cheap flights.
- She does all her banking online.
online adverb (CONNECTED)
Thesaurus: synonyms and related words
You can also find related words, phrases, and synonyms in the topics: