orange noun (FRUIT)
- Vitamin C is found in oranges and other citrus fruit.
- She went to the shop to get some oranges but they had none.
- Those oranges were looking a bit old and shrivelled, so I threw them out.
- She drank two whole glassfuls of orange juice.
- He cut the orange into quarters.
orange noun (COLOUR)
- The door was painted orange.
- Witnesses reported seeing a huge orange fireball as the oil refinery exploded.
- The black lettering really stands out on that orange background.
- The route was marked with a line of orange traffic cones.
noun [ U ] uk /ˈɒr.ɪndʒ.nəs/ us /ˈɔːr.ɪndʒ.nəs/