organizeverb [ T ]UK usually organise uk /ˈɔː.ɡən.aɪz/ us /ˈɔːr.ɡən.aɪz/
organize verb [ T ] (ARRANGE)
- She has been designated to organize the meeting.
- Most British schools organize social events for the students.
- She organizes a school reunion once a year.
- This event was organized in association with the Sports Council.
- She's an active member of the Women's Institute and is always organizing talks for her local group.
Thesaurus: synonyms and related words
organize verb [ T ] (MAKE A SYSTEM)
- She organizes her financial affairs very efficiently.
- The secretary was busy organizing the files.
- This new program will help you organize your files more efficiently.
- He organized his bibliography into three sections.
- She organized the language classes according to ability.