otherdetermineruk /ˈʌð.ər/ us /-ɚ/
other determiner (ADDITIONAL)
- Circulars and other junk mail go straight in the bin.
- The site links to about 24 other sites offering clip art.
- This drug can be safely used in combination with other medicines.
- The country has vast oil reserves and rich deposits of other minerals.
- Mr Savino has been charged with three murders as well as a whole slew of other crimes.
other determiner (OPPOSITE)
other determiner (DIFFERENT)
- All her life she had a childlike trust in other people.
- There's no harm in applying for other jobs, but if I were you, I wouldn't advertise the fact at work.
- The professor was a real Jekyll and Hyde - sometimes kind and charming, and at other times rude and obnoxious.
- The president urged other countries to lift the trade restrictions.
- Children need to be taught to have respect for other people's property.
otherpronounuk /ˈʌð.ər/ us /-ɚ/
- I lived on my own for a while but I missed the companionship of others.
- Perhaps some systems of government are more corruptible than others.
- This is one possible solution to the problem. However, there are others.
- Some words are more difficult to spell than others.
- Some college courses have stiffer entry requirements than others.
- At the top of the hill I switched off the engine and we just coasted down the other side.
- Trouble broke out in the match when one of the players called a member of the other team a cheat.
- When you run, each foot leaves the ground before the other comes down.
- This cable should have a plug at one end and a socket at the other.
- Roughly half (of) the class are Spanish and the others are a mixture of nationalities.